To update AOS2, double click on AOS2_V150.exe.
This update replaces v. 1.01 and includes all improvements, added features, campaigns, and tech support updates of v. 1.01.
V. 1.50 includes the following improvements, added features, and tech support updates:
- New icon for surrendered ship
- New icon for captured ship
- Game spy logo on find Internet game window
- Message in chat window if one player leaves multiplayer game
- Improved Ship List 'scrolling.'
- Cannon's Recharge improved: Left Mouse Button - Change Next Type AND Right Mouse Button - Reload
- Icons on ship improved. Sometimes icons crawl over player's name.
- Chat window feature during battle added
- Ships will change flag in campaign by side, not by nationality.
- Captured ships now should carry player's side flag.
- Guns Repair issue addressed
- Guns can be repaired during battle.
- Many AI improvements.
- AI much more aggressive
- "End" feature (E-key) feature improved
- setup.exe in the game folder can give ability to user to select video card if more than one video card installed in computer. This feature will allow users with old daughter cards like Voodoo 2
play the game. It can also switch off all intro movies.
- Completely new ships path finding
- Improved shot system
- Ships should not fire to enemy ship if friendly ships are in front of enemy.
- Multiplayer - better tasks synchronization
- When surrendered ships captured flag should be changed to side that put a prize crew and icon that ship is captured displayed
- All known problems with Voodoo 3 fixed - black gunrange, missing splashes, white windows
- Repair task
- Save & load issues fixes
- Ships capturing (including surrendered ships) and ability to buy them in their future
- Lot's of small fixes
New Gamespy command line support:
'-host': tell the game to go straight to a staging room as the host
of a game, and wait for clients to connect to it.
'-join <IP>': launch the game as a connecting client and attempt to
connect to the host at the given IP address, in order to enter that
'-name "<playername>"' specify name of theplayer. NOTE: name
should be quoted
AOS2launch.exe -host -name "John Doe"
AOS2launch.exe -join 22.214.171.124 -name "Enola Gay"
New Campaign also included: Fighting Admiral Satan (newcamp.exe)
This self-extracting zip will extract the files to the default directory of: programfilestalonsoftaos2campaigns
If you installed AOS2 to any other directory besides the default, please extract these files to wherever your
aos2campaigns folder is.
The following files need to be in these folders:
Fighting Admiral Satan.cmp - [your directory name]campaigns
FAS_script.cms - [your directory name]Scripts
_FAS1.sc - [your directory name]Scenarios
_FAS2.sc - [your directory name]Scenarios
_FAS3.sc - [your directory name]Scenarios
_FAS4.sc - [your directory name]Scenarios
_FAS5a.sc - [your directory name]Scenarios
- WERBUNG -